With gas transmission as its main activity, Plinacro Ltd, the Croatian gas transmission system operator, guarantees safe, reliable and high quality supply of natural gas from the entry point into the gas transmission system on the Croatian territory to off-take measuring-reduction stations of gas distributers and direct and eligible customers. Plinacro is in charge of development, construction, maintenance and supervision of the whole gas transmission system and of other activities necessary for the technical functioning of the system.
Plinacro controls its infrastructure through the National Dispatching Centre and five gas transmission regions:
- Gas Transmission Region Eastern Croatia (head office in Donji Miholjac);
- Gas Transmission Region Central Croatia (head office in Ivanić Grad);
- Gas Transmission Region Northern Croatia (head office in Zabok);
- Gas Transmission Region Western Croatia (head office in Rijeka);
- Gas Transmission Region Southern Croatia (head office in Benkovac)
and the Maintenance Department and Storage located in Ivanić-Grad.
Plinacro currently employs 281 people, almost half of them post-secondary graduates and university graduates. At the beginning of 2012 the total assets of Plinacro amount to HRK 4.6 billion.